Currencies and Assets
Gold Fever has a Play-to-Earn monetization model, which goes hand in hand with the well-established Free-to-Play experience. However, that's not to say that players having no interest in earning can't play the game. The Play-to-Earn model implies that the player base can make crypto tokens by playing and exchanging them for fiat currency, as Gold Fever is a part of the blockchain.
Gold Fever is offered as a free download. When a player creates an account, a crypto wallet is also created for the matching account. Afterward, based on the faction being played, the model is further divided by playing:
- Tribals - This faction focuses on the free-to-play experience of Gold Fever, with some opportunities to earn NGL and gain some perks.
- Adventurers - This faction has many more opportunities in the free market economy to earn NGL. It is a choose-your-own experience type of gameplay, where players can pace their gameplay through the lens of monetization if they so choose.
NGL (standing for Native Gold) is a crypto token on the blockchain that gets acquired by trading in the gold found in the rivers of Gold Fever. Players extract the gold by participating in life-threatening endeavors in mining claims, where the two factions collide.
Extracting gold is demanding. However, this is not the only opportunity players have to earn NGL! There will be a plethora of ways one can monetize their time by doing odd jobs. As this game focuses on having a free market, who knows? One could even get paid for simply playing a lovely tune on a guitar.
While NGL is earned mainly through fierce competition in the mining claim arenas, there are many other ways to earn and spend this currency. Some of the functionalities it offers are:
- Crypto Transferring - NGL tokens can be transferred to and from any external Ethereum address.
- Universal Exchange Currency - From shop owners, in-game service providers, guild owners, and vehicle owners who rent their vehicles, NGL exchanges are everywhere. Players may also buy and rent items, exchange on the website for NFTs, and many more exciting things using this token.
- Staking/Burning - Players may lock their tokens in their wallets to temporarily obtain various perks in-game. Other more powerful offers may require the player to “burn” an amount of NGL tokens, which removes the tokens from the circulating supply on the blockchain
Active crypto users may find it more convenient to buy NGL on a crypto exchange, whereas fiat users may prefer to buy JULs with a credit card or other traditional digital payment method, then earn NGL by playing the game
When staking, the player commits their NGL, which is then locked and unusable for a set amount of time. The player can use the perk, and after the time frame is up the player regains the NGL and loses the perk's benefits.
In order to give players a variety of options, staking NGL can be done for different time frames, calculated in days. The bigger the time frame, the less NGL per month required to be staked, thus obtaining the perk cheaper.
Acquiring some perks requires an amount of NGL to be “burned'', meaning the NGL used is destroyed permanently in the process. This is known to raise the value of the cryptocurrency in the process.
This currency is not crypto, but rather a virtual internal unit of an account, like the currency earned in most games. Players will be able to buy small quantities of JULs with credit cards. While not directly exchangeable for the NGL crypto token, this in-game currency still has many widespread uses.
- In-game rewards Most economic tasks given to players by NPCs will reward Juls, anything from resource gathering to transportation will provide players a way to acquire Juls.
- In-game purchases Being the true in-game-only currency, Juls will be the most common currency used by players to make in-game transactions when interacting with vendor NPCs. Gold Fever players can spend JUL tokens on a wide array of items such as consumables, weapons, tools, and many more.
This is a governance token rather than a cryptocurrency, which is periodically given to Gold Fever players based on good sportsmanship and accomplishments within the game. While it has no direct buying power, its main use is to promote and reward the accomplished player base for making Gold Fever a game everyone can enjoy.
The secondary use of this currency is to provide a democratic direction within the community. This will be done by voting on the next features to be implemented in-game, making Gold Fever a unique experience and giving deserving players a say in what's to follow.
Players can propose and vote on new game features such as characters, weapons, machines, transport, landscapes, equipment, gear, and anything else one can come up with! The number of tokens held by the player designates the individual voting power. Once the community has reached a decision, the feature will be created and implemented. The JBR token will give power to players to submit different ideas or split some of the game revenues via trading their influence.
Players who own Julius's Brain tokens can trade their influence when voting for a feature. If a player wants a specific feature to enter Gold Fever, compensation can be made to other players to use their JBR tokens.
Once the token is used to vote for a feature it's destroyed and players will have to earn new ones to continue voting.
In Gold Fever each NFT is uniquely identifiable, representing buildings, equipment, companions, and other rare items in the game. These tokens (and the items they represent) can be borrowed, traded, or potentially even sold on external platforms. This means that each non-fungible token’s value can be different from any other NFT.